Shopware 6 offers you the possibility to extend the functional range with plug-ins. This can be found under Settings > System > Plugins. Here you can manage the existing plug-ins for your shop and also purchase new plug-ins.
The Plugin Manager
The Plugin Manager is divided into several sections.
- My Plugins (1): Shows you an overview of your plug-ins available in the shop.
- Licenses (2): Lists all plug-ins available for the shop.
- Updates (3): All plug-ins that have an update pending in your shop will be listed here.
- Recommendations (4): Here you get plug-in recommendations, divided into regions and categories.
- Shopware Store (5): A link to the Shopware Store, where you can purchase additional plug-ins.
- Shopware Account (6): Here you can link your shop with your Shopware account.
You will find detailed information on the respective areas further down in this documentation.
My Plugins gives you an overview of all the plug-ins added to your shop.
The plug-in overview is divided into several columns
- Plugin (1): Contains the name and manufacturer of the plug-in.
- Active (2): Here you can see whether the plug-in is activated or deactivated. With a click on the button you can (de)activate the plug-in. If you cannot click on the button, the plug-in is not installed. You can find more information about this in the "..." button.
- Version (3): Indicates the version of the plug-in currently used in the system.
- View settings (4): Here you can show or hide individual columns from the overview and adjust the order of the columns. You can also activate the compact mode to hide unneeded free space in the overview and thus get more plug-ins displayed on one page.
- "..."-Button (5): Here you can open the context menu for the respective plug-in. In the menu you will then have different functions available, depending on the status of the plug-in.
- Install: The installation of the plug-in is required to activate the plug-in. This option is available if the plug-in is not yet installed.
- Uninstall: Uninstalls the plug-in, but does not yet remove it completely from the system. This option is available if the plug-in is installed.
- Delete: Removes the plug-in from the system. This option is available if the plug-in is not yet installed.
- Configuration: Opens the configuration menu. This option is available for plug-ins that use their own configuration menu (e.g. the PayPal plug-in)
- Upload plugin (6): Here you can manually add a plug-in to the shop. You can download the necessary zip file for example in the plug-in administration of your Shopware account.
In the item licenses all plug-ins are listed, which have already been purchased for the shop domain. Prerequisite for this is that you are logged in with the shopware account to which the shop domain is assigned (1).
The overview is divided into several columns.
- Plugin (2): Contains the name and manufacturer of the plug-in.
- Purchased on (3): Here you can see when the plug-in was originally purchased.
- Variant (4): This column shows whether the plug-in is free, purchased or rented.
- Valid until (5): For a rented plug-in you can see the date until when the rental version can be used.
- more features (6): Contains the information about the latest plug-in version that is compatible with the shopware version you are using. You can also download plug-ins that have not yet been added to your shop. The plug-in is then listed in the My Plugins section.
The Updates section lists available updates for the plugins available in the shop.
- Updates (1) Here you can see all updates available for your plug-ins. With a click on the button Update you can update the plug-in. Before you update the plug-in, it may be useful to check the plug-in manufacturer's notes on the current version.
- Last updates (2) This list gives you an overview of the plug-ins updated in the last 7 days.
This menu item takes you directly to the Shopware Store, where you can purchase plug-ins, for example.
This is where you can connect to your Shopware account to get access to your purchases.
If the desired plug-in is not yet listed under My Plugins, it is first necessary to add the plug-in. This is achievable in two ways.
- Firstly, you can connect to your shopware account in the plugin manager. After you have logged in, all plug-ins that have already been purchased for the domain of the shop will be available to you under Purchases. There you can download the desired plug-in. This will add the plug-in to My Plugins.
- Alternatively you can upload the plug-in manually. You can download the necessary zip file in your Shopware account in the Shop Operator section. Further information about the Shopware account can be found here.
Now that the plug-in is available under My Plugins, you can install it. To do this, open the context menu by clicking the "..." button. In the menu, just click on Install. Then you can activate the plug-in by clicking the button in the Status column.
Some active plug-ins have their own menu entry under Settings > Plugins, which you can use to open the plug-in configuration. For information on the function and configuration of the individual plug-ins, please refer to the respective plugin documentation.