Important notes before the update!
The license manager must be uninstalled and deleted before the update!
Not referenced entries in s_order_details
Before the update, any not referenced entries in s_order_details must be removed.
DELETE from s_order_details WHERE orderID Not IN (Select id from s_order)
Shop page groups template keys
Support for the old shop page template keys "gLeft", "gBottom" and "gBottom2" has been removed. The shop page template keys must be renamed to "left", "bottom" and "bottom2".
The following technologies can no longer be used from Shopware 5.6 in the version mentioned:
- PHP 5.6, 7.0, 7.1
- MySQL 5.6
- Elasticsearch 2, 5
The following versions can be used as of Shopware 5.6:
- HTML-Minification: If you enable minification, all additional comments, spaces, and blank lines will be removed from the HTML source code. This reduces both the size of the server response and the size of the file that the HTTP cache stores in the file system.
- Code-Mirror / Ace-Editor: We have replaced the editor in the code views of the backend. The new editor "Ace Editor" now supports autocompletion of Smarty statements like variables.
- SVG-Support: You can now use scalable vector graphics in all areas of the shop to better display your shop logo, for example, but also article images.
- Payment-Token: Payment providers can now implement a token that restores the shopping cart on return to the shop. This will reduce payment cancellations as it prevents session timeouts.
- Migration System For Plugins: Plugin manufacturers can now import database changes via a migration system, making versioning of the database easier and more straightforward.
Two basic functions have been added in the area of shopping worlds. It is now possible to deactivate the reloading of shopping worlds via ajax and to have them delivered directly with the page call in the source code. The perceived performance of the page increases because the user no longer sees the loading indicator. In general you should estimate what the advantages are between "felt" performance and "actual" performance, because reloading generally leads to the page being displayed faster in the browser.
In addition, you can now define for each shopping world whether it is to be displayed on the first page of the listing, on all pages or only on subsequent pages. Thus it would be possible, for example, to display a large, full-surface shopping world on the first page and only a banner on subsequent pages.
Starting with Shopware 5.6, there is a new backend module that archives all outgoing mails and allows you to view these mails in the backend. In addition, these mails can be sent again if the customer has entered a wrong address or has not received the e-mail for any reason.
We have decided to save the shopping cart at the user. As soon as this is logged in, the shopping cart will be persisted and will be restored the next time you visit the shop. In addition, it is now possible to take over the shopping basket/session even if there is a change of language. Products and login status are thus retained when, for example, the language is changed from German to English and the customer can thus conclude a purchase more quickly.
Today every shop certainly has additional content that is not directly related to eCommerce, but pure content. This can be recipes, FAQs, tutorials, job sites or branches. A new backend module allows the creation of new content types. You create your own backend module in the first turn: You can choose between a large number of fields and for example create a module consisting of an HTML editor, a simple text field, a media selection and a product selection. The content will be displayed automatically in the frontend. The presentation is based on the Shopware blog system, but it allows you to play different content according to your own needs. Here is an example for recipes:
A new tab in the category module allows you to sort the contents of your categories by drag'n'drop. In addition to a list view, there is also a grid view that also shows you the images of the products to allow quick visual sorting.
Thumbnails for manufacturer logos
The template has been adapted so that thumbnails can now also be displayed for the manufacturer logos. To be able to use this function it is necessary to activate the thumbnails in the album settings for "Manufacturer" in the media management and to add thumbnail sizes (e.g. 200x200, 600x600 and 1280x1280) and then generate the thumbnails.
After the generation, the thumbnails will now be used in the frontend if possible.
Long Term Support
Shopware 5 receives 5 years of support and updates.
- Regular Releases (incl. features) until 07/2021
- Bugfix Releases until 07/2023
- Security Releases until 07/2024
During this period, we make sure that the shop is operational at all times. This means concretely:
- Compatibility with current technologies (e.g. PHP, MySQL, Elasticsearch)
- Legal Requirements
In addition, the new roadmap already shows a first preview of the features you can look forward to: to the roadmap